Do you love playing music? Or possibly you could be having a keyboard or piano. For you to ensure that it’s playing well and offering you the attractiveness of music, you’re required to properly preserve it. However, one central aspect of that encompasses maintaining the cleanliness of the keys.
Whether or not your keys have never been cleaned for a long period or you have accomplished the job more recently, cleaning is quite vital. Dust, skin oils and dirt could get into the keys. All that ought to be cleaned frequently. Bearing this in mind, this is how to ensure they are sparkling clean. Be ready for new-looking keys.
Difference Between Ivory and Plastic Piano Keys
We will get to the essentials of cleaning the piano keys in only a moment. Pay attention to this. However, first, you should establish some vital specifics concerning your keys. Indeed, you need to create whether they are ivory or plastic. Similarly, you must be cognizant of the dissimilarity between the two kinds.
Those on a piano might be designed of ivory, though keys in upright and imposing pianos designed nowadays are not likely to be constructed of ivory contrasting to what they were years back. Though they appear equally similar to each other, there are several vital dissimilarities to establish.
Ivory can be Challenging to Find
Ivory keys aren’t pure white however they are an off-white shade. They might develop a yellowish-color with time. It is likely to whiten them yet again. However, that could be a somewhat challenging procedure. In every key designed from ivory, they comprised of two sections that are linked together. That link is evident when you examine carefully.
- All ivory key comprises of grain. Plastic keys do not have that.
- Plastic keys are quite smooth owing to some of the dissimilarities just cited.
- Now that you’re aware of the dissimilarities, you can establish the kind of keys you possess in case you were not acquainted with that. Consequently, you are set to clean the keys.
General Cleaning Tips
Some useful instructions as you clean:
- Clean an octave of the piano one by one. Then ensure that all keys are dry before moving to a clean another octave.
- Utilize a different material while cleaning the white keys than another one for the black keys. In case your keys are predominantly dirty, you might require changing to a new, fresh cloth at some point throughout the cleaning process.
Cleaning Plastic Keys in Six Steps
In case you possess a piano keyboard instead of a grand piano here is how should clean them.
1. You should prepare the liquid used in cleaning the keys. Fill a bowl with water, and then add drops of mild dish soap.
2. Dip some soft white cloth into the cleaning solution:
- The fabric should be white to avoid staining.
- Ensure the cloth is slightly damp. It must not be very wet since moisture from it might come among the keys as you are cleaning.
3. Clean the white keys:
As you clean your keys, you must do so with a white material in a scrubbing motion. Don’t scrub the keys using the content or press the materials on the keys in an abrasive technique or vigorous way. To learn more, click here for more info on cleaning keys.